Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error when loading Edit in CMS " Failed loading content with the url/uri: epi.cms.contentdata:///6"

Vote:

I am trying to get into the edit area of episerver (I get a dashboard as the first page after login). But when I click on CMS and then Edit I get the following error message

Something Went Wrong

Error when loading Edit in CMS " Failed loading content with the url/uri:  epi.cms.contentdata:///6"\

[Reload] [Ignore]

I am using a mac. Other people can access, with the same credentials, without any problems. It is a pretty recent version of episerver as well.

Sep 13, 2017 9:35
Vote:

Can you specify the Episerver CMS version you're using? Also, which browser version are you're using?

Sep 13, 2017 17:35
Vote:

We have a user with a similar problem - the reason seems to be that this user has selected a somewhat invalid Content project. The user has the same problem on different OS machines. We fixed the problem by deleting the project in tblProject and tblProjectItem.

Edited, Mar 19, 2018 9:06
Vote:

You can try below options to fix the error if one is failed then try other

1. After changing the dependency type in the module.config from RunAfter to Require, I am able to get the edit area of Episerver.

<moduleDependencies>
<add dependency="CMS" type="Require"/>
</moduleDependencies>

2. Add custom error mode in CMS project web.config

<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>

3. In my case the issue was related to caching. I have implemented caching delete functionality following the below blog post and solved the error.

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/joe-mayberry/dates/2019/2/working-with-the-local-object-cache/

Edited, Mar 03, 2020 7:33
Vote:

A few things that should help you get the answers faster/more reliable:

• Your exact version of CMS Core and UI.
  • If you see anything in the browser console, there should be failed requests (http 500), what is the response)
  • If not, is there anything in log?
Mar 04, 2020 9:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.