Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using the same license.config on sites using different version of Episerver CMS?

Vote:

Is it possible to use the same license.config file if several sites are hosted on the same machine but use different versions of Episerver CMS?

Having previously used only Episerver CMS 7 I now have a machine hosting both Episerver CMS 7 and 10 websites. The license.config file Version is 7.5.373.4 and the VersionRestriction is set from 7.0 to 12.0. The problem is that currently only the Episerver CMS 10 site work and on the sites using Episerver CMS 7 I get "LicenseException: A error occured while loading the license file".

The path in which the license.config file resides haven't changed. Permissions on the files do not differ between the different sites.

Am I missing something or do you need different license.config for different versions of Episerver CMS?

Best Regards

/Andreas

Aug 09, 2017 9:28
Vote:

Just curious, if you copy license file to root folder of problematic project (and probably change license path as well) - issue remains?

Aug 09, 2017 11:10
Vote:

I've tried the following (different sites have different folder structures but the problem remain for all Epi7 sites):

• Root folder for the respective site
  • Site's Web folder
  • Site's Application\Web folder
  • Site's Application\Web\Config folder
Aug 09, 2017 12:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.