Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Suddenly our client can't create new pages under parts of the tree on 7.19.2.0 (option is greyed out)

Vote:

Hey, 

We have an "interesting" case on support:

All of a sudden, client can't create pages under non-start pages (those that are under root, but not under start page, no matter how nested they are).

• Page types are mixed (availability is set correctly and they work under start, but not those under root/not-start).
  • Access rights are set correctly for languages and tree (double-checked by several people)
  • Creating a new role and new user with Create access rights doesn't solve it
  • Globalization is enabled
  • Site is under DMZ, but that hasn't changed
  • There has been no change in IP to cause licensing to break
  • There are no console errors
  • Client claims they haven't done anything. Last time they did create a page was only a few days ago. We haven't done any deploys. 

Any ideas for this mistery? :)

Edited, Aug 25, 2017 9:48
Vote:

Log4net on ALL level give any more?

Aug 25, 2017 10:39
Vote:

It was an administration issue after all (Episerver support figure it out)

Root page stopped having both languages enabled. Not sure how I missed to check this and client doesn't know who at their side was playing around this.

I guess it happens :) Good that it's solved anyways :)

Edited, Oct 03, 2017 14:35
Vote:

<p>i have same problem with some instances of a page type where we cannot create new page (is greyed out) while on other instances we can. Can you pls elaborate how you solved this? thanks</p>
Feb 01, 2018 16:16
Vote:

Hi,

If it's nothing from my first post, then you can try checking out enabled languages on parent pages.

In this case, an editor removed some languages from Root page -> Language Settings. It's changed here.

Hope this helps,

Marija

Feb 01, 2018 16:24
Vote:

My site is in swedish and i cant see 'sv' in root as you pointed out. When i try to add swedish language from tools -> language settings. it doesnt show up. pls see the screnshot here https://ibb.co/eiSYKR

Feb 01, 2018 16:33
Vote:

Hi!

That's strange, given that you already have pages in Swedish, perhaps Swedish is enabled on Start page? Check also on the page itself (where you are trying to create a new page). Can you check if Swedish is enabled in Admin mode? If you click on Admin -> Config -> Manage website languages?

It doesn't look like a language issue, since you already have the entire tree in place (and pages under this page).

Do check the access rights for that particular page.

BR,
Marija

Feb 02, 2018 9:36
Vote:

I checked the mentioned areas but as you said this doesnt look like an language issue or rights issue. Thanks for help anyways

Feb 02, 2018 9:57
Vote:

Hi, i re-checked and it was actually related to language settings for the page. The correct lanaguge was unchecked, didnt know how i missed that. 

Feb 05, 2018 11:37
Vote:

It happens :) 

Good you solved it!

Feb 05, 2018 11:38
Vote:

It happens :) 

Good you solved it!

Feb 05, 2018 11:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.