Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

a/b test as part of project

Vote:

Hi,

I have recently upgraded a site to episerver v10 and installed a/b testing. The owner of the website has asked if they can create an a/b test as part of a project. e.g. when you have a project selected and edit a page, if you choose to a/b test that change will the page appear in the list of project items in the project overview? I have tested this and it seems like the answer is no but does anyone know if there is a way to do this or if it is somehing that will be inluded in a future version?

thanks

Sam

Aug 15, 2017 12:38
Vote:

Projects and A\B Testing aren't quite compatible concepts. Projects are a way to group and collaborate on content edits before publishing them together. None of your project edits will be live before they are published. A\B Testing a version makes that version live on the site for a portion of your visitors so that they can be included in the A\B experiment. Once the test is concluded you then immediately publish the winning variant (A or B) since the results indicate the best version on your site with a reasonable amount of certainty.

Aug 17, 2017 17:07
Vote:

thanks @Jason Masterson,

I had a feeling that woudl be the case, thanks for clarifying - your explanation was very useful. I'll explain to the site owner that the two are not compatible in the way he thought.

Cheers

Sam

Aug 17, 2017 17:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.