Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Forms Submissions - Database table

Vote:

Hello,

Does anybody know the database table that contains EPiServer Forms Submissions?

Thanks

Apr 11, 2017 16:10
Vote:

It's inside DDS - in tblBigTable:

SELECT * FROM tblBigTable
WHERE StoreName LIKE 'FormData_%'

BR,

Marija

Apr 12, 2017 9:21
Vote:

Just a note of caution - I'd avoid poking around in the database if you don't have to. I'd certainly avoid coding something against it as the structure of the database changes from time to time without warning so you may end up having trouble updating your Episerver solution if you go down that route.

That said, if you still want to access form data in the database, but don't fancy unpicking the structure of tblBigTable there are SQL views created for each of the forms, with names starting "VW_FormData_" followed by the GUID of the form.

Apr 12, 2017 14:32
Vote:

Thank you Paul and Marija. I wasn't aware it used the DDS and agree that directly peaking around the database wouldn't be good practice.

I've found a lower level method in the FormDataRepository called GetSubmissionData which I can use to hook into and expose the data for what I'm trying to acheive.

Apr 12, 2017 15:11
Vote:

Hi, James,

I didn't figure out you needed API-s, thought you just wanted a sneak peak in the DB :)

Anyways, you might find some inspiration here on Dejan's post for transforming the submissions to some more readable data.

Apr 12, 2017 15:29
Vote:

I also wrote a blog about encrypting data for forms. Not sure if it's still valid though :)

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Daniel-Ovaska/Dates/2016/7/episerver-formsencrypting-submitted-data/

Apr 12, 2017 16:34
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.