Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Next Version of EpiServer

Vote:

Hello all,

My team is planing an upgrade of Epi to the latested version 10.4 (we are in 9.8) and checking the latest major releases we notice we had a spring release in 2016.

One question is where we can find information about the spring release of 2017 in order to see the new and decomissioned features?

Also, do you now when is planing the upgrade to .NETCore because we receive information about this from one of the Treiners?

If we can have this information we can plan better with our stakeholders when is the appropriate time to do the migration.

Thank you

Mar 10, 2017 11:24
Vote:

Features and improvements are released as soon as they are completed (more or less) as part of the weekly releases. The seasonal releases are basically summaries of changes in recent weekly releases, i.e. their content is not determined in advance. 

For forward-looking information we maintain product roadmaps. These are often presented at conferences, seminars etc, and work has been initiated to make them more visible here on EPiServer World.

But the intention of the continuous release process and semantic versioning is that it should be simple to update to the latest version at any point. Moving to a new major version may mean more work is required, depending on what features and APIs the implementation is using. Moving to other versions within the same major version should however be simple. So I would suggest you plan to move from 9.x to 10.x at a time that suits you, and once you are on 10.x updating to get any additional features in 10.x you desire will be a smaller effort.

Mar 10, 2017 11:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.