Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export Data - Include assets that EPiServer says ins't used anywhere

Vote:

Hi Guys,

I have a CMS project on version 9.8.2 and I'm trying to export data and have found that some images aren't included when I check "Export files that the pages link to".  The images themselves aren't directly referenced by ID within any page or block properties, however I have a block that has a ContentArea property for the Image Folder and this is where the images get set.  The block is included in the Export data file and so is the Asset Folder, however the image assets themselves are not.  The block is also added to a XHtmlString property on a page rather than a ContentArea (not sure if that will make a difference...)  This is an existing solution I've picked up so I'm not entirely sure why certain things were built how they were, but I'm rolling with it.

I'm just wondering if this is correct behaviour or if there is a bug here? Also is there a way I could include assets regardless of if EPiServer says the asset isn't used anywhere? i.e. I could hook into one of the Export data events.  Looking for the quickest and easiest option to get past this issue.

Cheers, Mark

Jan 06, 2017 8:03
Vote:

I'm having the same issue. The image folder is exported and imported but the actual images in the folder are not because they are not directly referenced.
So how can we migrate assets from one system to another?

It really baffles me that there aren't more options regarding exporting/importing media.

PS: We're running episerver 9.12.3.0

Gr, Robert.

Aug 17, 2017 13:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.