Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflows in CMS 9?

Vote:

Hii ,

Is it possible upgrade Workflows in episerver cms9  ?

frist i doveloped Worklow in episerver cms 7.5 and its is working perfectly in episervercms 7.5 .But when i moved this workflow Along with my dll files And web.config  to Episerver Cms 9 .it is

displaying error messsage Unrecognized element 'workflowSettings'. Please  give any suggestions

Line 260:  
Line 261:  
Line 262:     
Line 263:    
Line 264:    

Thanks in Advance

Feroz

Aug 04, 2016 11:55
Vote:

I Want to  Add  WorkFlows In Episerser CMS9.Any other Solution apart from Content Collabration to Upgrade Workflows In Episerver Cms9?

Thanks in Advance

Feroz

Edited, Aug 05, 2016 10:41
Vote:

Hi, Feroz,

It's Episerver Projects, not Content Collaboration, that I recommended in the answer from the link above. Projects is something that Episerver puts focus on, so I'd guess there will be more features built into it.

I am not aware of any alternatives.

Aug 08, 2016 15:27
Vote:

Don't think workflows are supported anymore I'm afraid :(

Aug 08, 2016 16:16
Vote:

I know Workflows were taken out but they are supposed to be coming back in a future release. I had heard that they were supposed to be in the Spring release, but, alas, they were not. We are eagerly awaiting their return, as, we have many clients that have Workflows as a requirement. 

Aug 10, 2016 5:33
Vote:

Hi Russell,

Many thanks for reply. But can we acheive same like a sequential workflow while publishing the pages?

Thanks in Advance,

Feroz.

Aug 10, 2016 8:19
Vote:

Just wanted to confirm that workflows are high on the priority list for the CMS, so something is coming :)

I would be interested to hear more details about the type of workflows you need.

@Russel, it sounds like you are happy with the current workflow that comes from having publishing rights separate from editing rights, as long as there is a way to notify the publisher folks that content is "Ready for publish".

@Feroz, can you expand on the layout of your workflow?

Aug 11, 2016 11:15
Vote:

@Russel - Thanks for clarifying. Nice touch with the notification on user removal.

1. Is it fair to assume that a content owner in your case would typically own whole branches of the page tree? 
  2. Do you agree the page owner is a special case of the publisher group approach, where the group is always a single user?
    1. Except for the "next review date" part which I assume is intended to ensure content remains up to date?
Aug 12, 2016 12:19
Vote:

Hi Russel,

Our model should be like one by one approval and parrallel approval. 

When comes to one to one approval, total respective depratment should approve for the page to be published and also one to one should be applied within tasks.  

When comes to parrallel, count wise approve and finally publish should be shown.

Hope we are in sync.  

Thanks,
Feroz.

Aug 12, 2016 12:41
Vote:

Thank you for great feedback. I hope you will find the time to comment on the public beta when we get to that point.

Aug 17, 2016 10:20
Vote:

Hi,
Just wanted to check if you had an opportunity to take the Content Approvals feature for a spin? It's missing a few pieces yet e.g. handling blocks and media, but the general flow should be clear at this point. Beta feature since 10.1

Jan 10, 2017 12:47
Vote:

1. Reg. "I think it's not necessary to have this functionality work on anything other than pages":
    How would you deal with changes to a block, which is used, on the start page (assuming the start page has an approval sequence defined)?
  2. Reg. Pending status:
    Currently in progress. For now this will be based on tasks.
  3. Reg. Cancel review request.
    I think this behavior has changed in the upcomming release.
Jan 16, 2017 9:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.