Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to register user in EPiServer CMS

Vote:

I am new in EPiServer. However I have 10+ experience in ASP.Net.

I am looking for User registeration, change password, reset password feature for public user. This is default feature in any asp.net MVC project template.

But I am not able to find in EPiServer. 

I know about MemeberShipProvider and MultiplexingMembershipProvider. 

Do I need to create new block/view for user registeration using above API.

As of now I have not explored EPiServer commerce.

I would request anybody guide me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

Anjum Rizwi

Aug 10, 2016 12:43
Vote:

Hi,

You can use the same templates and functionality from the ASP.NET MVC project templates. But I'm not sure that the template project is using the MembershipProvidor or if they're using never functionality.

But yes, you need to create those views yourself. There are plenty information out there how to work with the providers. If you're using webforms I think there is even a webcontrol to handle this, not that I recommend that control, but it's a good starting point.

Aug 10, 2016 15:06
Vote:

Edited, Aug 10, 2016 17:35
Vote:

ASP.NET MVC project template uses ASP.NET Identity. You can configure episerver to also use this by following this guide: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Security/episerver-aspnetidentity/ and then use the templates and functionality from the ASP.NET MVC project template.

Aug 11, 2016 11:14
Vote:

Again thanks to Johan, Bob and Tim.

@Johan, As I understand now that I have to create my own view. Is there any security reason? why this common task is left for us by EPiServer team.

@Bob and @Tim, I have gone thorough link but I am looking for readymade solution similar to the default feature in any asp.net MVC project template.

I am trying to implement http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Daniel-Ovaska/Dates/2016/6/creating-a-custom-login-page/

But I get this error. 

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

When I hit this url http://localhost:50131/en/login

Do we need to do any LoginPageController mapping? I have copied all basic class from Alloy.

Aug 11, 2016 13:50
Vote:

Episerver doesn't ship any templates. That's up to us developers/partners to develop for our clients. I wouldn't say that it's a common thing to have a registration page, and even if it is, Episerver doesn't know how to store your users and what kind of profile data that goes with the user. You also might want to implement some custom validation and multifactor authentication.

The default URL for login is /episerver, which redirects to /util/login.aspx. You can create your own if you want to.

Aug 11, 2016 13:55
Vote:

The guide you're following to set up your own login page, is based on an Episerver page. So you need to create this page in the CMS as well, and if you name it 'Login' the URL will be /login.

Aug 11, 2016 13:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.