Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Context aware main navigation component

Vote:

I'm trying to add a new component using "epi-cms.component.MainNavigationComponent" and I need this to be context aware in order to only show content created in the current page´s content folder.

This is my approach so far:

I have created a ContentRepository that inherits ContentRepositoryDescriptorBase and when I assign a fixed root in the Roots property I'm able to create a working example for that specific page. As far as I know the Roots property should, however return an empty ContentReference in order to work with content created in the current page´s content folder ("For this page"). This works for example when using the "epi-cms.component.SharedBlocks" component but it does not support the hierarchical structure needed in my case.

So the question is if it's possible to use "epi-cms.component.MainNavigationComponent" as a context aware component? Or are there any other component more suitable for displaying and creating hierarchical content in the current page´s content folder? Or do I need to create my own custom dojo/dijit widget?

Cheers!

Aug 22, 2016 12:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.