Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Personalization on blocks

Vote:

Hi I'm trying to implement personalization on blocks. 

I want to give content editors the ability to place a block on a page and then choose a custom perzonalization criteria like "is visitor logged in" to be placed on the block. If the user is logged in the whole block is displayed. 

Note is has to be personalization, since it should also be possible for the content editors to place sevearal personalization criterias on a given block. 

It seems to me that personalization is meant to be on areas within a xhtmlstring property.

Note: I'm using EPiServer CMS 9

Edited, Jul 18, 2016 18:43
Vote:

Hi Mohammad.

It is inded possible to add Personalized Logic on a block-by-block level. Your message indicates that you are familiar with the concept of Visitor Groups. What seems to be missing, is a understanding of how you apply these to Episerver blocks in a ContentArea.

Try and have a look at this small recording I made and see if that helps you move forward. Remember you can test your personalization via the "Viewing as.." feature in the interface.

It does not allow me to show the image as part of the post, so please see video-animation here: http://i.imgur.com/68fs1JZ.gifv

Casper Aagaard Rasmussen

Edited, Jul 18, 2016 20:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.