Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Category not getting assigned to page on save.

Vote:

I'm having trouble saving/removing categories to a page. 

The page I'm trying to add my Category to already have 8 categories.

Existing Categories

And then I add the category "Bild"like below: 

added Bild Category

Everything looks fine in the Edit view. 

But when I publish the page, the category isn't there anymore and the page's categories gets displayed as in my first image, without the "Bild" category. 

I attached a method to the SavingContent Event in (ContentEvents.SavingContent += CheckCategories;) to see if the category was there, but it seems that the category is not even reaching that stage. 

The same goes for when I try to remove a existing category, in other words, I can't update categories at all, regardless of page type. 

Note: I was using 9.8.0.0 then updated to 9.8.2.0 to see if the problem went away with an update but unfortunatley it didn't. 

Anyone have some information regarding this issue or have encountered a similiar problem before? 

Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2016 16:46
Vote:

Is this a solution you know well or just laid your hands on? I would suspect that they are setting these categories programmatically somewhere...A search in solution for category would help with that. If that is not the case I have no idea :) Bug...send it to support...

Jul 26, 2016 22:21
Vote:

Found it, there was an override of the property CategoryList in a base class far above. Removed it and now it works. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. 

Jul 27, 2016 8:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.