Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access to Episerver Edit/Admin Mode in Azure Multi SIte

Vote:

Hi,

Following is our production cloud setup:

1. Episerver CMS website is hosted in 2 different data center on Azure

2. The traffic is routed to this 2 webapps using Trafic Manager round robin method.

Page on website to the user will be served from any of this webapp. We are now facing problem with session handling in Edit/Admin mode when editor try to publish page he/she immediately logout. We assume that editor loggin is handled in one webapp and when he/she tries to publish the request goes to other webapp which doesn't have this session.

Could anyone have any suggestion on how to handle this.

Appreciate your time and help!!!

Regards,

iliyas

Apr 13, 2016 12:36
Vote:

Either turn on Azure feature for sticky session or switch session provider to use a common session. Hopefully that will help. Not sure if you are actually using 2 data centers how that will play out.

Check out documentation on bottom about sticky session and session affinity.

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Azure-websites/

Apr 13, 2016 14:14
Vote:

Thanks Daniel for help..I also thought of enabling sticky session but also not sure if it will work on 2 data center. However will try implementing it and hope it will work :)

Apr 13, 2016 15:15
Vote:

Round robin method combined with multiple data centers might be worth thinking about as well...might be some latency problems there as well...

Let me know if it works. I haven't got the chance to try it on multiple datacenters yet :)

Edited, Apr 13, 2016 15:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.