Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create a welcome page as start Page

Vote:

Hi,

Website already have a start page , now client wants to create a new start page (we want the old start page as well) . This start page will be like a welcome page pointing to 

various content and also to the above start page(links).

The old start page is used in lot of places and lot of content is generated using the same . Can anyone suggest a better approach solution for this?

Feb 02, 2016 6:57
Vote:

If you want to keep them the old one, I would suggest an algorithm in your template of the start page to redirect to the new one.  If you just wanted to replace you could have the start page shortcut to the new one but this would always occur.

Feb 02, 2016 7:57
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I want to keep the old one , but now when user visits the website it should show the new start Page from there user can access the old start page .   But I really don't want to disturb the current start page as the child pages are too tightly coupled I have to lot of changes . 

Basically I want a basic welcome page , giving insight into the website.

Feb 02, 2016 8:01
Vote:

You can check the url refferer of the request in the controller or page load.  If the referrer is not from the site, redirect.

Feb 02, 2016 8:07
Vote:

If not cookie

redirect to new start page

Feb 02, 2016 9:39
Vote:

- Create a new page property on the old start page and link to the new start page/welcome page

- Update links to old start page with a parameter, e.g redirect=false

- Check in controller/page load for the url parameter and show old or new start page based on that.

Feb 08, 2016 10:50
Vote:

Thanks Tim !!

Thats what I am planning to do . 

Feb 08, 2016 11:30
Vote:

No problem, glad to help :)

Feb 08, 2016 12:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.