Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episer Search Update Batch unable to connect to remote server

Vote:

All, 

Recently Episerver search stopped working and I am having trouble pinpointing what is going on.  The log file indicates a permission problem of some sort but I don't "see" that anything has changed to cause this.

No 404 when attempting to locate the indexingservice.svc

Attempts to run / re-index result in the following error log:

2016-01-11 14:34:43,340 [49] ERROR SearchSettings: Update batch could not be sent to service uri 'http://**********/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc/update/?accesskey=08e2fe017ea94578b5ae0a32f010be68'. Message: 'Unable to connect to the remote server at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.MakeHttpRequest(String url, NamedIndexingServiceElement namedIndexingServiceElement, String method, Stream postData, Action`1 responseHandler)
at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.SendRequest(SyndicationFeed feed, String namedIndexingService, Collection`1 ids)'
2016-01-11 14:34:43,340 [49] ERROR SearchSettings: Send batch for named index 'serviceName' failed. Items are left in queue.

I do notice a couple of other error codes;  57 & 77 it that helps.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Steve

Jan 11, 2016 22:57
Vote:

Try deleting everything in index folder and rerun indexing...

You running on shared site? 

If you have multiple bindings on IIS to site make sure you have the matching configuration to allow that...not default.

Check file access rights on index folder for IIS_IUSERS.

Check that you are trying to access the service on localhost since it's blocked for remote calls.

Check that access key match your configuration.

Feb 14, 2016 23:43
Vote:

My solution of the following error:

ERROR SearchSettings: Update batch could not be sent to service uri (400 Bad request)

1. In your solution (propably in the dev. env., using visual studio & nuget), run: "Update-Package -reinstall EPiServer.Search"

2. Visit your solution's packages folder, and locate the "EPiServer.Search.IndexingService.dll"

3. Copy that file manually into the bin directory (overwrite existing) of the web application at the server where the search does not work.

Edited, Feb 17, 2016 11:52
Vote:

Thx määäts. Might just be the one I need for a site now.

Feb 17, 2016 12:18
Vote:

I solved my problem with no indexing by:

A) Creating hosts file entries on the server for the site

127.0.0.1  thesite.local

B)  Then added this binding to the site with the port 2000

C) Then updating the relevent part of the web.config to this:

<add name="serviceName" baseUri="http://thesite.local:2000/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc"

D) Thats it.

Marshall

Feb 09, 2017 19:14
Vote:

Feb 09, 2017 19:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.