Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

On-page editing for a local block

Vote:

I have a block that will be used both as local block and shared block. When I use it as local block I'd like to have proper on-page editing (no pop-up with forms editing). Is that doable?

I've tried rendering the block view with Html.Renderpartial and add ContentDataPropertyName edit hint to Html.PropertyFor without luck.

Sep 07, 2015 11:46
Vote:

Hi,

In the Alloy example there are few local blocks. For example StartPage has SiteLogotype block and NewsPage has NewsList block.

Both of them are editable using dialog window.

I never saw inline local blocks editing.

Sep 07, 2015 21:13
Vote:

Thanks, but I wanted to avoid the dialog, have proper on page editing, and reuse the same view that is used for the shared version of the block.

One solution is to have both the page and block implement an interface, but I don't really like that solution, and it limits me to just one local block of every blocktype.

I guess the best solution is to have one view for the shared block, and one view for the local block.

Sep 08, 2015 8:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.