Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

weird simple address propertyerror

Vote:

Hey guys,

i have a strange issue. I created a page and want to add the simple address names "positionpaper".  The error: "Simple address" with value "positionpaper" cannot be used since the value coincides with the path of the folder "positionpaper"."

I get this error where i cannot find anything about. I know for sure that this simple address isnt in use anywhere else, and even then the error would be different ( i tested).

So why can i not use this name. If i add "position-paper" then it works. If i use this string on any other page, it also doesnt work..

Am i missing something obvious. its important for the client to use the name "positionpaper" because that address is corresponded to everyone..

Aug 03, 2015 19:10
Vote:

For future reference.. I found the solution ... The problem is that i had a folder in my solution called "positionpaper" as well and it looks like you cannot have that and a simple address with the same name... 

So hope this will help others in the future as well. 

Aug 04, 2015 8:45
Vote:

Aug 19, 2015 3:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.