Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Globalization page/block troubles

Vote:

Hi!

I'm currently working on a page. In order to access the web page you need to login as a user.

I can't manage to get globalization to work the way I would like it to work however.

My web page menu:

• Start page
  • About the site
  • Yadayada info
  • Rooms
  •    Room 1
  •    Room 2
  •    Room 3
  •    Room 4
  •    Room 5

Im using an xml file for the translations and @Html.Translate("/PATH/") in my views.

The whole page should be in swedish, except for the pages "Room 1" and "Room 2" (including blocks) which should be in English. I can't get this to work. I've tried to translated the page to English and deleted the swedish version - still swedish block translations...

If the above scenario is "impossible" to obtain, it would be nice if all blocks could be displayed in the user "Personal Language"-language. 

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this impossible in Epi?

I would be nice if a clean solution was possible, othervise I need to create a "block language"-property.

Aug 20, 2015 17:47
Vote:

I would give replacement language a shot first. 

http://webhelp.episerver.com/14-1/EN/Content/EN/CMS%20Edit/Edit_LanguageSettings.htm

If that doesn't fix the translation for static texts I would add a custom property for culture on those pages and solve it with an overloaded function to the above helper that accepts a culture and uses that instead of current culture. I've also set the current culture sometimes to fix similar translation issues where you only use parts of episerver globalization functionality. 

Feb 21, 2016 16:49
Vote:

What parts do you have problems to be translated? The translations from the XML or the translated content?

Feb 21, 2016 17:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.