Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Turn Autocomplete off on Login page

Vote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to turn off the Autocomplete on the the Username and Password fields on the Admin Login page for Episerver 8 MVC?

Thanks

Jon

Jul 28, 2015 9:34
Vote:

If you're just talking about the standard autocomplete (the browser remembering your credentials), that's a standard HTML feature that can be disabled in the form or input tag using the "autocomplete=off" attribute:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Securing_your_site/Turning_off_form_autocompletion

Edited, Jul 28, 2015 10:05
Vote:

Hi,

Sorry, it was my fault for not being clear - I am not sure where I can find the Login page for me to do this. Is the login page in the zip folder for Episerver 8 MVC - in Episerver 6 the login page used to be in Program Files.

Jon

Jul 28, 2015 10:09
Vote:

Yes the login page is in your \modules\_protected\CMS\EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip - as Util\Login.aspx.

If you don't want to mess with that, you're probably aware you can easily create your own login page elsewhere in your solution, and reference it in your web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".EPiServerLogin" loginUrl="/yourloginpage" timeout="120" defaultUrl="~/" />
</authentication>

Jul 28, 2015 10:42
Vote:

Hi, ok thanks

Aug 05, 2015 10:34
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.