Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can not use TimeSpan as property type

Vote:

Hello!

I am trying to have a property of type TimeSpan, but when I build and try to get to the CMS it just complains about: 

The backing type 'EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyTimeSpan' is not a registered PropertyDefinitionType

My property definition looks like this:

[CultureSpecific]

[Display(

Name = "From",

Description = "From",

GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,

Order = 1)]

public virtual TimeSpan From { get; set; }

What could be wrong?

Apr 17, 2015 13:43
Vote:

Hi!

The code for the TimeSpan property seems to be a remnant from the CMS 6 editing system. It has never been tested or supported for CMS 7+ as far as I can see from looking at the code. If you need to have such a property, you probably have to create your own custom property. A list of built in property types can be found here: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/8/Content/Properties/Property-types/built-in-property-types/

Apr 17, 2015 15:17
Vote:

Ah, thank you Linus. I will see if I will create a custom property or solve it another way :)

Apr 17, 2015 15:48
Vote:

+1, create and share. got similar issue recently ;) not solved yet

Apr 19, 2015 22:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.