Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cookie based Visitor Group's

Vote:

Hi,

I've been looking for a while now trying to find out if there is a configuration change that will change visitor groups over from session based retention to cookie based. 

I'm aware this can be done through custom visitor groups but i'm looking for a simpler solution.

Cheers Ben

Mar 10, 2015 4:57
Vote:

I'm also looking for this, have you done any progress?

Oct 20, 2015 15:28
Vote:

No progress unfortunately. I'd say custom visitor groups would be the way to go.

Oct 20, 2015 23:27
Vote:

AFAIK there is no way to switch from session-based to just cookie. A few of the built-in visitor group criteria DO set a cookie (e.g. the "Number of Visits" criteria leaves the cookie "EPi:NumberOfVisits") but the collective persistance data per user is session only. 

You probably have to develop a custom criteria that leaves a cookie containing the info you want. In addition, you'd need to develop your own storage for the actual persisted data. David Knipe and I had a discussion regarding this in the comments section over at http://www.david-tec.com/2015/09/cookie-drop-block-for-episerver/

Oct 21, 2015 10:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.