Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exploring Sample Site - /Episerver not found

Vote:

Hi,

I'm checking out Episerver and am going through the walkthrough pages. On the Exploring the sample site page, it says to "access the editorial interface by adding "Episerver" to the URL, (for example http://:17000/Episerver". I've typed in mydomain.com/Episerver and I get a 404 Page Not Found. I logged in with the link at the bottom and then clicked the Episerver box that appears on the top right of the page and that showed me the editorial interface (which has the url mydomain/edit/CMS/#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///5), but is something missing or configured wrong that's causing the 404?

Feb 20, 2015 18:30
Vote:

Hi Jesse,

The /EPiServer part is the UI Url. You set the UI Url when you install the site and normally it is EPiServer but it can be anything you want. In your case you chose the /edit as your UI Url. 

So anywhere the instructions says /EPiServer, replace it with /edit.

Regards,

Tobias

Feb 20, 2015 18:35
Vote:

Ah, my boss did the installation so I wasn't aware of that step. Thank you, Tobias.

Feb 20, 2015 18:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.