Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Creating pagetypes in another project in solution - not web project

Vote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating pagetypes. If I create one from code in the main project in my solution in Visual Studio it works fine. The problem occurs when I want to create pagetypes from another project in the solution. It doesn't work at all, and doesn't show up in EPiServer. Is there anything special I need to configure or something to make this work? I find it very strange..

Thanks in advance!

Feb 13, 2015 16:40
Vote:

Hello Anders

This should work, as part of the application initialisation referenced binaries are scanned and pagetypes are picked up. Can you confirm the project is referenced in the web project and that you have not excluded the assembly from being scanned?

David

Feb 13, 2015 17:14
Vote:

Like you said it should work so I did everything I could possibly think of. Restarted IIS, emptied temporary .NET files folder, cleaned and rebuild solution, re-added reference to the other project and suddenly it worked. Dont know what was wrong though :)

Feb 16, 2015 10:20
Vote:

Glad you got it sorted out :)!

Feb 17, 2015 13:32
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.