Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ProjectMessageNotifier error in CMS 9.5

Vote:

After upgrading to EPiServer CMS 9.5 I get the following error:

EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type ProjectMessageNotifier, key "" ---> StructureMap.Building.StructureMapBuildException: Failure while building 'Lambda: Invoke(value(EPiServer.ServiceLocation.Internal.StructureMapConfiguredType+<>c__DisplayClass6_0).p, value(EPiServer.ServiceLocation.Internal.StructureMapConfiguredType)._serviceLocator)', check the inner exception for details
1.) Lambda: Invoke(value(EPiServer.ServiceLocation.Internal.StructureMapConfiguredType+<>c__DisplayClass6_0).p, value(EPiServer.ServiceLocation.Internal.StructureMapConfiguredType)._serviceLocator)
2.) Instance of EPiServer.Notification.IQueryableNotificationUsers (System.Object)
3.) new NotificationUserRepositoryImpl(*Default of IQueryableNotificationUsers*, Enumerable of EPiServer.Notification.INotificationProvider with all registered instances, Enumerable of EPiServer.Notification.IQueryablePreference with all registered instances)
4.) EPiServer.Notification.NotificationUserRepositoryImpl
5.) Instance of EPiServer.Notification.INotificationUserRepository (EPiServer.Notification.NotificationUserRepositoryImpl)
6.) new DefaultNotifier(*Default of INotificationUserRepository*, *Default of INotificationRepository*, Enumerable of EPiServer.Notification.INotificationFormatter with all registered instances, *Default of QueryableNotificationUserService*)
7.) EPiServer.Notification.DefaultNotifier
8.) Instance of EPiServer.Notification.INotifier (EPiServer.Notification.DefaultNotifier)
9.) new ProjectMessageNotifier(*Default of INotifier*, *Default of ProjectActivityFeed*, *Default of ActivityCommentRepository*, *Default of IObjectSerializerFactory*, *Default of MentionParser*, *Default of ProjectService*, *Default of ISubscriptionService*)
10.) EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.ProjectMessageNotifier
11.) Instance of EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.ProjectMessageNotifier
12.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.ProjectMessageNotifier)
---> System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: En standardprovider för medlemskap måste anges.
vid System.Web.Security.Membership.InitializeDefaultProvider(Boolean initializeDefaultProvider, MembershipSection settings)
vid System.Web.Security.Membership.Initialize()
vid System.Web.Security.Membership.get_Provider()
vid EPiServer.Initialization.MembershipSecurityEntityProviderInitialization.<>c.b__0_1(IServiceLocator s)
vid lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext )
--- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
vid lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext )
vid StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) i c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Building\BuildPlan.cs:rad 151
vid StructureMap.Pipeline.LifecycleObjectCache.Get(Type pluginType, Instance instance, IBuildSession session) i c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Pipeline\LifecycleObjectCache.cs:rad 71
vid StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) i c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:rad 93
vid StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) i c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:rad 68
vid StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) i c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Container.cs:rad 337
vid EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
--- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
vid EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
vid EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()
vid EPiServer.Cms.Shell.InitializableModule.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
vid EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
vid EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

I'm using Federated Security (Owin) so the no Membership i specified in Web.config

(This also causes error when trying to use the GoogleAnalytics add-on but I have removed that one for now.)

Does someone know how to solve this or is it a bug?

Regards

Erik

Dec 17, 2015 14:20
Vote:

Hi,

Most probably its a bug, what settings you have for profile in your web.config? Is It?

<profile enabled="false">
      <properties>
        <clear />
      properties>
      <providers>
        <clear />
      providers>
    profile>

Regards
/K

Dec 17, 2015 16:28
Vote:

Hi K,

I had the following Profile config:
(This is a former 7.1 -> now 7.5 site I'm upgrading to EpiServer 9)

<profile defaultProvider="DefaultProfileProvider">
<properties>
<add name="Address" type="System.String" />
<add name="ZipCode" type="System.String" />
<add name="Locality" type="System.String" />
<add name="Email" type="System.String" />
<add name="FirstName" type="System.String" />
<add name="LastName" type="System.String" />
<add name="Language" type="System.String" />
<add name="Country" type="System.String" />
<add name="Company" type="System.String" />
<add name="Title" type="System.String" />
<add name="CustomExplorerTreePanel" type="System.String" />
<add name="FileManagerFavourites" type="System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]" />
<add name="EditTreeSettings" type="EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer" />
<add name="ClientToolsActivationKey" type="System.String" />
<add name="FrameworkName" type="System.String" />
</properties>
<providers>
<add name="DefaultProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultProfileProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" applicationName="/" />
</providers>
</profile>

But I also tried with your profile settings with the same result.

/E

Edited, Dec 17, 2015 16:49
Vote:

<p>Hi,</p> <p>Can We get some EPiServer's Suport team help here? In result of upgrade, I have came with this question from another source also.</p> <p>Regards<br />/K</p>
Dec 17, 2015 17:32
Vote:

I reported a bug on this (CMS-2428), looks like we introduced this in 9.5.0 due to some changes in the IoC container, we will look at it ASAP.

I think you can workaround it with this code, I have not had a chance to verify that the workaround works yet but feel free to test it out and let me know.

[ModuleDependency(typeof(EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule))]
    public class FixQueryableNotificationUsersInitialization : IConfigurableModule
    {
        public void ConfigureContainer(ServiceConfigurationContext context)
        {
            context.Services.RemoveAll<IQueryableNotificationUsers>();
            context.Services.AddTransient<IQueryableNotificationUsers>((s) => s.GetInstance<SynchronizingUserService>());
        }

public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {
        }

public void Uninitialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {
        }
    }
Dec 18, 2015 10:55
Vote:

I can verify that the site starts when the workaround is included. I have not made any more tests.

Regards
Peter

Dec 18, 2015 11:25
Vote:

The workaround made the site start. 
Thanks for the help!

The Google Analytics add-on still has problems. That is a smaller issue.

This is what I get in the errorlog:

2015-12-18 14:57:11,471 [109] ERROR EPiServer.Global: 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The Role Manager feature has not been enabled.
at System.Web.Security.Roles.EnsureEnabled()
at System.Web.Security.Roles.get_Provider()
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Controllers.AdministrationController.GetViewModel(GlobalAnalyticsSettings settings)
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Controllers.AdministrationController.Index()
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessController(IController controller)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The Role Manager feature has not been enabled.
at System.Web.Security.Roles.EnsureEnabled()
at System.Web.Security.Roles.get_Provider()
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Controllers.AdministrationController.GetViewModel(GlobalAnalyticsSettings settings)
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Controllers.AdministrationController.Index()
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessController(IController controller)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Edited, Dec 18, 2015 14:29
Vote:

<p>You sure this is related to the upgrade? Seems like another problem that someone accesses a page without access rights.</p>
Dec 18, 2015 15:02
Vote:

Hi Per,

I just edited my post.
Was your last comment related to the previous content of my post?

/Erik

Dec 18, 2015 15:04
Vote:

Yes, I see now, thanks.

Dec 18, 2015 16:06
Vote:

Per,

The workaround provided worked for the EPiServer CMS-related pages, but we are still getting the same error when attempting to use the EPiServer Service API. Do you happen to know any workarounds for this?

Chris

Edited, May 17, 2016 0:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.