Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add-Ons

Vote:

Hi!

I am not able to see the Episerver add-ons next to cms in the episerver header. Is there something i need to do or install to be able to do that? OR can i add my add on in some other way?

Nov 11, 2015 10:16
Vote:

Nov 11, 2015 21:28
Vote:

Catrin, to see the Add-On store link in the header, your user must be in the virtual group "PackagingAdmins". You should find the following in your episerverframework.config:

<add name="PackagingAdmins" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators" mode="Any" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />

(See related forum post)

If your user is not part of the default WebAdmins or Administrators roles, add whichever roles (from WindowsMembershipProvider or SqlMembershipProvider) that you need, e.g:

<add name="PackagingAdmins" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators, MyAddonGroup" mode="Any" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />

Nowadays, the Add-On Store UI is mostly useful for seeing which add-ons are installed. You should, as @David says, install add-ons from Visual Studio (to make sure all add-ons are included with the source code of the site).

Edited, Nov 16, 2015 11:18
Vote:

Thank you, but i can still not see the options add one when I am in Episerver, something else that i need to fix?

Nov 16, 2015 15:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.