Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to define default media folder when working with pictures in page design

Vote:

Hi,

I am working (on my spare time) as a web administrator.

Each time when I want to upload - or insert a picture (when designing a page), from a media folder, I have to expand (navigate down) the whole folder structure to select a the picture.

Since this repeated folder navigation is just unacceptable ineffective (and a stupid waiste of time), I should rather be able to define a default media folder - in my user preferences - that is applied each time I want to access this folder.

Any suggestion on how this is achieved?

Regards

Frank

Jan 30, 2015 14:08
Vote:

Hello Frank

The meda folder will always synchronise the media folder when viewing an image. This means you can:

• Bookmark an image that you know is in the right folder you want to select by default
  • When you want to quickly go to the folder you want simply click the bookmark and the correct folder will be selected in the media manager

I hope the image below makes my thoughts clear:

Jan 30, 2015 18:16
Vote:

Thank you very much for your fast response - and I apologize for my temper outburst. Regrettably I also forgot to start to say that I in general am satisfied with the userfriendly experience in episerver!

I am using a Mac Mini when working with Episerver. But unfortunately when I select a picture in a choosen media folder, it does not change the web address in the browser.

The web address in the browser only changes when I select a page in the page navigator. Maybe your suggestion only works in MS Windows OS?

Jan 31, 2015 23:06
Vote:

Hello Frank

Something that's not clear from my image above is that you need to double click the picture in the media folder (not single click). This will show the picture in the main content area and also change the URL in the browser so you can bookmark it (this blocks too).

I use a Mac at home (Safari and Chrome) and confirm this behaviour still works. I tested this on the very latest release of EPiServer so if you cannot get this to work I'd suggest talking to your developers to ensure you are running on the latest release of EPiServer. If it still doesn't work then they can raise a bug with EPiServer developer support as this is expected behaviour.

Best regards

David

Edited, Feb 01, 2015 18:26
Vote:

Thank you for the clarification.

If I have understood correctly, I first apply the picture URL bookmark (and select the media button) to open my default picture folder. Then I click the equivalent page URL bookmark to open the default page location in the page navigation structure. So now I have default page as well as default picture folder in focus! :)

And if I want to insert a picture when designing a new page I just have to drag the picture over and drop it. I can also paste the picture folder path /EPiServer/CMS/Content/globalassets/... in the URL field in the "Insert picture" property.

In short this procedure makes it quite easy to add pictures when designing pages!

Feb 03, 2015 20:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.