Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export data throws an exception on an intranet staging server

Vote:

Hi, 

I have an intranet with windows mode and ad authentication. When I try to export data either from IE or Firefox, I get the following error:

http://prntscr.com/5t3okp

The answer I got on support is that I should talk with the client's IT and that is most probably related to server setup. However, I am not sure I would get further ahead if I send this to the client, since they would probably not know what to do about it.

Googling the errors results in changing the code related to Reponse.Flush and Response.End, but it's an epi built-in tool, so I can't mess with that.

I have disassembled the EPiServer.UI and I can see that the temp location is set using this.ExportedFileLocation = Path.GetTempFileName();.

However, I don't find this file when I search for *.episerverdata on the whole C:\, does anyone know how I can find it?

Jan 16, 2015 16:02
Vote:

Do the EPiServerlog contain more information about the error?

/T

Jan 16, 2015 17:56
Vote:

Only EPiServer.Global: 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET :(

When I switch web.config to debug mode, nothing is logged.

Jan 19, 2015 10:11
Vote:

As a workaround, I'll backup the DB and export pages when I restore it locally until I manage to fix this.

Jan 20, 2015 17:38
Vote:

If you pull up a command prompt on the server and type "set", it should show all the environment variables. Is there a path defined for "TEMP" and/or "TMP"?

On a successful export test I just did, it looks like it drops a file with extension ".tmp" ("tmp3282.tmp") in that directory before saving the ExportedFile.episerverdata file in the location you choose. Aside from the filename, the files match. Maybe it can't access that temp location for some reason?

[Edit: I just now noticed the year on the previous comments; oops.]

Edited, Jan 18, 2017 17:06
Vote:

Good inputs thought, thx!!

// I was reading your answer, I should've definitely updated it when I fixed it (I have absolutely no memory of this now :D).

Jan 24, 2017 12:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.