Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

noname

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to add a bit of UI to the EPiServerUI.master page in 7.5. Fortunately there's this very thorough treatment from world.episerver.com that takes you through the process:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Dan-Matthews/Dates/2010/3/A-few-tips-on-UI-Plugins-in-CMS6/

Unfortunately, step one is basically:

• Inherit from EPiServer.UI.SystemPageBase to get access to all the UI goodies

When I do this, I get a compiler warning:

that Warning102'EPiServer.UI.SystemPageBase' is obsolete: 'Use EPiServer.Shell.WebForms.WebFormsBase instead'C:\Projects\dss_clean\DSSWeb\Plugins\Units\UpdateTinyMCESettings.aspx.cs1622DSSWeb

No problem, I'll just change the ol' base class from SystemPageBase to WebFormsBase and....

Error102The name 'ResolveUrlFromUI' does not exist in the current contextC:\Projects\dss_clean\DSSWeb\Plugins\Units\UpdateTinyMCESettings.aspx.cs2633DSSWeb

Hmm....

So... does anyone know what the new, non-deprecated way of getting the URL from the UI is? Neither "World" nor Google's search seem to be any help tracking this down.

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2014 22:42
Vote:

I think you can use EPiServer.UriSupport.ResolveUrlFromUIBySettings

Sep 28, 2014 8:40
Vote:

If you want to do an admin plug-in for EPiServer 7.5, I suggest that you read my blog post:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2013/12/New-public-APIs/

I can also mention that will look into adding similar support for MVC quite soon...

Sep 29, 2014 8:59
Vote:

Ian, the class you inherit from will automatically add the master page, so there's no need to do that in your code.

Edit: If that's what you're looking for. :)

Edited, Sep 29, 2014 9:17
Vote:

Thanks guys! Very helpful information on all counts...

Sep 30, 2014 16:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.