Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Drag n Drop not working in Chrome

Vote:

We have noticed that the drag n drop functionality in Google Chrome has stopped working.
This is in both 7.1 and 7.13.

The version of chrome is: Version 37.0.2062.120 m

The simples way to reproduce is to create a new site with the alloy template with the help of the visual studio plugin.
After that is done, fire upp the site and go into edit mode and try to drag n drop any block to a page. This is not working

I was trying to report it as a bug, but that functionality was not working right now...

Sep 22, 2014 8:23
Vote:

Hi!

I can't reproduce this with a newly installed Alloy MVC site upgraded with the latest EPiServer packages and the same Chrome version that you are running on.

• Have you tried this on more 7.x sites.
  • Are you getting any JavaScript errors?
  • Does it work fine in FireFox and IE?
Sep 22, 2014 8:57
Vote:

It works in the other browsers and when I asked a college to test it worked in his chrome, so something is messed up with my computer. Will get back and report what it is

Sep 22, 2014 9:55
Vote:

Could it be that you have enabled touch screen in Chrome?

http://www.david-tec.com/2014/05/Using-EPiServer-7x-and-Chrome-on-a-a-touch-screen-laptop/

Sep 22, 2014 10:00
Vote:

Touch screen enabled on Chrome is very likely the issue. I have the same issue on my machine, and I've started using Firefox more because I don't want to disable touch events in Chrome, as David Knipe mentions in his blog post as a workaround. (Touch events are super helpful when using a website like Google Maps.)

Linus: From what I gather, the usage & handling of touch events is something that was built into the CMS UI. Therefore, is it possible to have a setting somewhere in the UI to disable touch events in the UI, like on the profile level?

Edited, Sep 22, 2014 11:09
Vote:

Thanks!
That was exactly what it was (I just got my new workstation that is a Microsoft Surface Pro 3).

I did as david suggested and it worked great.

Chris, great suggestion!

Sep 22, 2014 11:29
Vote:

@Chris: when the bugfix for Resizing of panes fails in windows 8 using FF, Chrome in touch screen laptop has made it into a release package, what you ask for will be available as per user setting

Edited, Sep 22, 2014 15:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.