Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SharePoint connector targetted for EPiServer 7.5

Vote:

Hi!

I found a post about SharePoint connector targetted for EPiServer 7.5.

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/EPiServer-Community/Thread-Container/2014/5/EPiserver-Sharepoint-Connector/

"We are currently working on a SharePoint connector targetted for EPiServer 7.5 and the media system that will work for both the on premise and cloud variants of SharePoint. My guess is that this version will be available withing a few months."

Is there any news/esetimations about the release date?

Br,
Mikko

Aug 15, 2014 15:26
Vote:

Hi!

Our target date is currently September so I hope that we are not that far from a release now.

Regards
Linus

Aug 18, 2014 9:32
Vote:

Nice!

Thank you for the information.

/Mikko

Aug 20, 2014 15:39
Vote:

It is now november. Any news on the release?

Oct 28, 2014 13:12
Vote:

We released a beta version of the new connector a few weeks ago: http://world.episerver.com/Releases/episerver-connect-for-sharepoint-beta/

ps. And my calendar, as well as the date of your posting says October, and not November. ds.

Oct 28, 2014 13:38
Vote:

I'm sorry about the date. In my head it was already november :-). Thanks for the info about the beta, but it seems to me that the beta only has functionality for mirroring media files. Will it contain the push to cms (pages) functionality that existed in the connector for 7.0 when it is released?

-espen

Nov 03, 2014 9:50
Vote:

Hi!

The new SharePoint connector currently handles media only and only with pull technolog (content provider). We are discussing the posibility to add push technology as well going forward, but it will still be media only, at least in the nearest future.

Nov 03, 2014 17:03
Vote:

Hi!

Is it possible to list documents from a folder in Sharepoint? 

Say we have a block. The block have a property, content reference,  to choose a folder from media tree. I can choose a folder that comes from Sharepoint connector. Now I would like to get all files that exists in that folder and present them in my block. 

I can through a LinkItemCollection-property choose documents from Sharepoint. But I would like to choose a folder and from that folder list all files in a block automatically. 

Am I missing something? 

/ Henric

Nov 24, 2014 13:36
Vote:

Hi Henric!

We have not actually tested this scenario but to me it sounds like something that should just work. It sounds like you have tried this but that it does not work. If so, could you explain a bit more what you are doing and what does not work.

Nov 25, 2014 8:58
Vote:

Yes, I did some testing with a block we have that lists files from a folder. The block just have a content reference property, with [UIHint(UIHint.MediaFolder)]. 

With that block I can choose a folder from the Media tree. The following code is getting the files from the folder. 

public MediaDataItem[] GetFiles(ContentReference mediaFolderReference)
{

var contentRepository = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IContentRepository>();
var mediaData = contentRepository.GetChildren<MediaData>(mediaFolderReference);

List<MediaDataItem> files = new List<MediaDataItem>();

//Loop root for files
foreach (var media in mediaData){

if (media.Name.Contains('.'))
{
files.Add(CreateEntry(media));
}
else
continue;

}

return files.ToArray();
}

I can see that I get an ID in mediaFolderReference when I choose a folder from the Sharepoint connector. But I'm getting IDs like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ect. 

So, when I'm trying to GetChildren from the mediaFolderReference I get nothing. 

I might be doing it wrong? 

/ Henric

Nov 25, 2014 9:34
Vote:

Hi!

Any progess with this? 

Kind regards / Henric

Dec 03, 2014 8:40
Vote:

I've tested this and it seems to work as expected. Please note that you have to use the entire content reference, not only the ID part of it since it also includes information about the content provider. My content references for the media items are in the format: {88__sharepointcontent}.

Dec 03, 2014 15:36
Vote:

Aaaaha! I tried it now and work as intended, great! Thanks for the help! 

/ Henric

Dec 04, 2014 9:28
Vote:

Great to hear!

Dec 04, 2014 9:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.