Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Nuget: Am I Doing It Wrong?

Vote:

So, I've got my project set up with libraries managed by nuget. packages.conf has a set of versions in it for my various libraries. Everything is nice and tidy! Now when I need to stand up a new developer, or create a new CI instance, I just need to do a svn checkout, then run `nuget.exe restore` and all of my project dependencies are created like magi....

<>>

Is this something on my end, or...I mean, you guys can't possibly take libraries offline from nuget.episerver.com after a week or so. Right?

:)

Aug 26, 2014 22:24
Vote:

Does everyone have the episerver nuget feed installed in the nuget manager? Also make sure you have enabled nuget package restore on the solution-file.

Aug 26, 2014 23:03
Vote:

Can confirm that it is the missing package source. You can pass a setting file, nuget.config, in your restore command.

nuget.exe restore "Path to Project root" -ConfigFile "nuget.config"

And in your nuget.config

Aug 27, 2014 5:40
Vote:

Thanks, explicitly calling nuget.exe with the nuget.config as a param seemed to work.

Aug 27, 2014 23:02
Vote:

Consider it as bit harmful :)

Aug 27, 2014 23:14
Vote:

I miss Maven.

:)

Aug 27, 2014 23:16
Vote:

I do not agree Valdis. So he's telling us we're in big trouble with the next release of asp.net, where all dependencies are NuGet packages? But I guess some of them will be stored locally in a separate source.

Aug 27, 2014 23:25
Vote:

I was referring to Restore. Not always, but it may become a bit harmful.

Aug 28, 2014 0:28
Vote:

And you might get hit by a car...but..you still travel with them and leave your home at least to get some food :) If it makes your job easier for the moment, I sugest you go with that solution and if things change in the future so do you. :)

Aug 28, 2014 23:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.