Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

dojo custom module error after 7.10 upgrade

Vote:

Hello Everyone,

We have recently upgraded from 7.0 all the way up to 7.10 (via deployment center and then all the nuget package upgrades) and everything is working great within the site itself.  The issue i'm having is we have created custom global commands (2 buttons that sit up at the top by the CMS buttons in edit mode) and some custom editor widgets.  We have an initialization module that tries to create and register some rest stores we have created through the epi API.  This all has worked in the past with 7.0-7.1 but now whenever I am loading up our site in edit mode, i am getting this error in our initialization module:

Starting module: CMS epi.js:930
CMS
[Object]
epi.js:953
Starting module: Shell epi.js:930
Shell [] epi.js:953
Starting module: App epi.js:930
App [] epi.js:953
Running: phoenixweb/ModuleInitializer epi.js:997

Basically it appears its choking on resolving the dependcy for the store registry which used to work fine in previous versions.

If i remove all my registry store initialization it will run through the init module just fine, and get to our global command registry file (where i try to register the buttons to sit at the top) and i will get this error too:

Starting module: CMS epi.js:930
CMS
[Object]
epi.js:953
Starting module: Shell epi.js:930
Shell [] epi.js:953
Starting module: App epi.js:930
App [] epi.js:953
Running: phoenixweb/ModuleInitializer epi.js:997

And the error inside is complaining about the epi.globalcommandregistry not being able to be resolved.  

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I need to change/fix for the newest version of epi to get my custom dojo modules/commands to work again?  We are highly dependent on these working as they add functionality to the CMS that our editors need.  The weird thing is, I booted the site up and it initially worked once and showed the global command buttons and the editor widgets weve created, but then stopped working after that and never has worked again.

Thank you for your time!

Jul 23, 2014 17:49
Vote:

Also, this is what our module.config looks like:

Jul 23, 2014 18:03
Vote:

Well... adding a reference to the shell as a dependency in the client module in module.config seems to have cleared this up...

Is this necessary?  Why was this not an issue before and is now?

Jul 23, 2014 18:21
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.