Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EditContainerClass for Content Areas in 7.10

Vote:

Hey All,

When apploying a EditContainerClass property on a content area rendering in MVC, I'm noticing that it's not applying this class anymore, has something changed?

Example:

Html.PropertyFor(m => m.BottomRowleftBlock, new { AdType = "GeneralPromo", AdPosition = "1", AdKey = Model.EpomKey286x125GeneralPromo, DisplayType = "BottomLeft", DisplayPosition = "BottomLeft", CustomTag = "div", EditContainerClass = "edit_homepagepromo" })

where BottomRowLeftBlock is a content area property.

Jul 24, 2014 11:06
Vote:

Bumping for visibility, this bug is affecting the editing of content areas in our system as the edit containers rely on default formatting which doesn't work with specific layouts.  Does anyone have a fix or workaround? Is this bug being looked at?

Jul 30, 2014 9:54
Vote:

I think I'm having the same issue. Can't get the overlays to show correctly in edit mode (using bootstrap 3.x + custom theme).

Edited, Jul 30, 2014 14:48
Vote:

Bump, can we get a determination if this bug is being worked on or has been noticed at all?

Aug 05, 2014 19:37
Vote:

Hi Mike,

Could you log this as a support ticket? We will report the bug for you to the product team.

Thanks,

Tobias

Aug 05, 2014 22:10
Vote:

I am unsure of how to do this.  Can you direct me to the proper place?

Aug 06, 2014 17:36
Vote:

Sure Mike,

If your EPiServer World profile is linked to a EPiServer partner you will find the link to register tickets here: http://world.episerver.com/Support/.

Aug 06, 2014 18:49
Vote:

Ah unfortunately my profile isn't linked to a partner, do I have to get AgencyQ (the epi partner we work with) to register the ticket, or have them link my profile to them in order to register?

Aug 06, 2014 18:51
Vote:

Yes, both alternative works. You can edit your profile yourself and associate yourself to your partner. You only need to have a email address that has the same domain as the partner you work at.

Aug 06, 2014 18:55
Vote:

From what I understand the use of the "EditContainerClass" parameter was deprecated in favor of "CssClass" before the 7.5 release.

Which version were you upgrading from?

Aug 21, 2014 3:36
Vote:

I was upgrading from 7.1, if this is the case i'll give it a shot.

Aug 21, 2014 5:44
Vote:

Hey henriknystrom, your suggestion seems to have worked! Thank you very much

Aug 21, 2014 5:58
Vote:

EditContainerClass and CssClass do not serve the same purpose. CssClass always gets applied, while EditContainerClass is supposed to only be applied in edit mode instead of the standard epi-editContainer.

This seems to be completely ignored in my installation of EPiServer currently running (9.12.1 & 9.12.2).  I also tested to install a completely blank EPiServer Alloy MVC site. It came pre-installed with version 9.7.3. It's not working there either.

A old collegue who is now working in another company just asked me about this. They are also running the latest EPiServer. It's not working for them either.

There has been no mention anywhere of this property being deprecated??

Usually you put something in the code explaining that this property is obsolete/deprecated but still working until a specific date. This property has nothing of that sort so it looks like it should be working?! What's going on here?

The funny thing is that the example MVC alloy project has a custom style for the standard "epi-editContainer" class. This seems like an inferior way to control the edit rendering. As it wil forcefully apply to ALL edit containers, and you are no longer able to style only specific ones.

Edit: Since the property (EditContainerClass) is only passed on by an anonymous object it's of course not possible to even inform that it's deprecated. But there is still a function called EditContainerClass which sounds like the internal EPiServer method that is supposed to pick the "EditContainerClass" over the default "epi-editContainer" class. This method is not deprecated. So it seems like it's either broken or not being used anymore for whatever reason.

Edited, Sep 09, 2016 15:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.