Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Media type based on location

Vote:

In CMS 6 we had different FileSummary.config for different VPP locations, is this possible with Media types/MediaDescriptor in 7.5? I basically want to let images placed in "for this page" folder on some specific page type have a certain media type...

Jun 19, 2014 11:18
Vote:

Hi!

This is not supported out of the box. The replacement for file meta data is properties on the content types. But these set per content type and not location. I guess it would be possible to have all potential properties on a content type and hide certain properties depending on location of the content. See my blog post for inspiration on how this can be achieved:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2014/5/Restricting-access-to-who-is-allowed-to-edit-a-certain-property/

Jun 19, 2014 11:59
Vote:

We have actually implemented this for a client. I'll make an addon out of it and post a blog post about it next week or so...

Jun 19, 2014 13:06
Vote:

Hi! Have you created the addon? I didn't figure out how to use the blog post to fit my needs.

Jul 09, 2014 15:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.