Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DisplayOption missing in ContentAreaItem in edit mode

Vote:

Hello everyone

I'm customizing the rendering of content areas in an EPiServer 7.6 MVC using a custom display template that checks for display options on the content area items. This works swimmingly on the web site and when first loading the page in edit mode.

However, when adding a block to the content area or changing the display option on a block, the display option is not set when the content area is rendered. The content area item's RenderingSettings property contains the data-epi-content-display-option with the ID of the display option, but the DisplayOptions property is empty.

Forcing a full page refresh solves the issue, but I'd rather not use that. So my question is, is this a known issue, by design or a hitherto unknown bug that should be reported?

Cheers

May 30, 2014 10:03
Vote:

Are you using standard content area rendered? Or you have swaped it out with something else?

May 30, 2014 16:00
Vote:

I'm using a custom display template to render the content area.

Jun 02, 2014 10:01
Vote:

I found that by using ContentArea.FilteredItems instead of ContentArea.Items in the display template, the display option is available in edit mode as well. I really should have used FilteredItems to begin with but it's a little strange I think but good to know.

Jun 04, 2014 11:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.