Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

bulk create user/groups

Vote:

Hi

We shall soon be using 7.5 in production. Is there an easy way to bulk create the following from CSV or similar?

• Groups with roles
  • Users and then have roles added

Probably looking at around 40-50 groups and maybe 100+200 users.

Thanks

Apr 11, 2014 16:32
Vote:

Don't think there is a out of the box way of doing this.

Depending on how your CSV file is structured I would either import it directly to the database (this works if you have the same strukture as the tables) take a backup before doing this. Else I would do a code snippet for reading the file and creating the uesers.

Apr 14, 2014 10:43
Vote:

I am facing the same problem here, need to create 100+ users.

It would be nice having some bulk feature given a list of names and output users. 

Edited, Apr 15, 2014 13:48
Vote:

I dont think our 3rd party developers will do this as its probably outside of the scope of the agreed work. My background is in the infrastructure of running/hosting installations & zero experiance in episerver development. From what I can tell its using aspnet roles/users to store the users but I wouldnt want to start adding stuff directly to the tables. I did look around on the add-on store but nothing in there for user management.

Edited, Apr 15, 2014 14:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.