Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems applying latest patch

Vote:

Hello,

I've created a blank CMS (with Relate) in V7.5 and decided to apply the latest patches using NuGet.

The installation completed successfully and the project builds but when I run I get assembly errors relating to EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI and EPiServer.Shell.UI.

The web.config file was updated during the upgrade and two dependentAssembly references were added relating to these assemblies. Commenting out these in web.config allows the site to load and function until I login to the CMS where I get the error:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\EPiServer\BlankSite\wwwroot\cms\Shell\ClientResources\packages.config'

I'm guessing I shouldn't need to comment out the entries in web.config but I'm not sure how to prevent the error - it's as if something is using (and needs) a different version of these assemblies.

Any thoughts.....

Thanks,

Mark

Apr 03, 2014 16:12
Vote:

Well some more info...

The entries in web.config are

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" publicKeyToken="8fe83dea738b45b7" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-7.6.4.0" newVersion="7.6.4.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="EPiServer.Shell.UI" publicKeyToken="8fe83dea738b45b7" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-7.6.4.0" newVersion="7.6.4.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

and the StackTrace states that "[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, Version=7.6.4.0 ...."

Now the version of EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI in the bin folder is 3.0.1209.0 (the same version is in /modulesbin as well).

I imagine that it's trying to load version 7.6.4.0 but this version doesn't exist?

Apr 03, 2014 16:27
Vote:

Have you upgraded the EPiServer.CMS.UI 7.6.4 too ? Since from update -6  EPiServer CMS UI components have been converted to a standard NuGet package, and can be installed from the EPiServer NuGet feed.

Modulesbin folder should not have these assemblies rather moved to site bin folder (EPiServer.CMS.Shell.UI.dll 7.6.4.0). 

Apr 03, 2014 16:35
Vote:

Thanks Shahid, I finally got back to this. I checked the version of CMS.UI that was installed and 7.6.4 was already there. As it happened, as some time has passed, I noticed that some of the core modules had been updated and updating these to the latest versions resolved the problem.

Apr 28, 2014 11:10
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.