Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Managing News Articles

Vote:

Is there a blog post somewhere (I am sure I've seen it) that shows the best practice when dealing with news sections on your site, where there could be several news articles?

I’m thinking about users creating new news articles, and upon save, this being into a year/month folder structure depending on the news article date..

So, my tree may look like:

• News
      • February
        • Article 1
        • Article 2
      • March
        • Article 3
        • Article 4

But articles get moved upon save. i.e. created under "News" and moved when saved.
Is this a good approach to take?
I’m sure I’ve read something about using the approach, but just can’t find it.

Apr 03, 2014 12:16
Vote:

Think I found it: http://joelabrahamsson.com/automatically-organize-episerver-pages/

Although this is based on EPiServer 6 R2 (I assume) using Page Type Builder..

Edited, Apr 03, 2014 12:19
Vote:

I guess it's jst to convert the code to work with IContentRepository, IContentEvents and ContentReference and it should probably be fine to run in EPiServer 7.

Apr 03, 2014 12:54
Vote:

Yeah, I think so. Will review, and post back!

Apr 03, 2014 12:59
Vote:

Hi Danny, 

you may be referring to this blogpost using the Epinova DateTreeArchive plugin: http://www.epinova.no/blog/Thomas-Leela/dates/2012/12/create-archive-hierarchies-in-episerver/

It's available on CodeResort for CMS 6 but as Linus says, you should be able to convert it to the new CMS 7 API. 

Apr 04, 2014 7:23
Vote:

Hi Danny,

As Arild said , I have used DateTreeArchive plugin in my projects(EPiServer CMS 6). It works great.  Have it a try...

Apr 05, 2014 10:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.