Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

External link gets transformed to internal

Vote:

Hi,

We have a dynamic page that loads based on an ID with its own rount. www.mysite.com/detailspage/ID where detailspage is a page in epi.

In our production environment if we set a external link to www.mysite.com/detailspage/123 it gets transformed to an internal link to the details page and looses the ID information.

We can recreate this in any other environment so its a bit strange.

Anyone know if this is a feature and how to turn it off in that case?

Apr 24, 2014 12:39
Vote:

It seems like a known bug

Bug #112645: URL property makes a external URL into a internal if a ID query parameter exists in the URL
Apr 24, 2014 13:06
Vote:

No that is not the case here. I have seen that error aswell though.

In this case the ID is part of the url and is a guid, ex www.mysite.com/detailspage/2a359b83-3413-49c5-96ff-4706fb29b233

This will get transformed to an internal link to www.mysite.com/detailspage regardless of what guid I have.

Also note that this is just an issue in the production environment. The test environments works like it should and its the same code on both.

Apr 24, 2014 13:34
Vote:

Just for info. I had to change the mapping in global.asax from RouteTable.Routes.MapContentRoute to RouteTable.Routes.MapEnterpriseRoutes to get it to work for 7.6 but like i said before the same code works in all other environments.

Apr 24, 2014 15:22
Vote:

Ok so more information. I restored the database from production to our test environment and the test envrionment still works as expected.

So the databases are exactly the same, the code is exactly the same. The config files only differ on the connectionstring and VPP folder used for the blobs.

Any input what so ever would be highly appreciated because I cam clueless here :)

Apr 25, 2014 8:52
Vote:

Ok so, I think I managed to figure out that the production environment is behaving as expected. Dont know why test is not.

This have to be related to some change between 7.1 and 7.6. Anyone know of a change that transforms an external url to internal if there is a route for that page?

Its is the same for both MapEnterpriseRoutes and MapContentRoute.

Apr 28, 2014 9:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.