Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Inline block in text editor

Vote:

With dynamic content you could override the RenderAsBlockElement and set it to false. This would render the temporary placeholder in the text editor as a span, and render the dynamic content inside a p tag, if it was placed there. 

When I try to place blocks the temporary placeholder is rendered as a div, and if I try to place it in the middle of a sentence, it will close the p tag before the block, and open it again afterwards. 

Is there any way to avoid this, and render blocks as inline elements?

Mar 05, 2014 15:07
Vote:

Hi Torjus.

Currently this is a limitation in the blocks in html-feature. I did a prototype of making inline blocks in Tiny MCE last week. This is surely possible and my hope is that this could remove the need for the Dynamic Content technology. However, is requires changes to a few different places in both the EPiServer core and user interface. I hope that we can get this functionality prioritized.

Mar 05, 2014 16:46
Vote:

Any update on this?

Jun 19, 2014 9:26
Vote:

Unfortunately not. It's still the way we see moving forward and we've discussed it both internally and with our EMVP:s and they all think that its a good idea but we havn't come to implement it yet.

Jun 19, 2014 12:28
Vote:

Any news on this?

Feb 20, 2015 9:19
Vote:

Is this on any roadmaps? Or just not a priority?

Apr 08, 2015 10:45
Vote:

Currently it's not a priority, but that may of course change given that we see more requests for it. Is this a blocking issue for you currently?

Apr 16, 2015 14:22
Vote:

We would also like to see this as a feature, currenly we have implemented a tinymce-button that lets the editors insert a block, but it would be really nice if we could have other functionality such as viewmodes etc. for tiny-blocks as well.

Apr 16, 2015 14:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.