Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PartialRouter GetPartialVirtualPath not being called for outgoing links

Vote:

For my current project I have a structure in the EPiServer that is different form my front-end urls.

In episerver the structure is:

Homepage

- artists

-- a_e

--- eminem : ArtistDetailPage

on the front-end the url will be something like www.acme-corp.com/artists/eminem/

In order to facilitate this I've created a class that implements the IPartialRouter interface. This works great for incomming links. However outgoing links do not get rewritten. The GetPartialVirtualPath method is never even called.  

in the controller for the homepage I do something like: UrlResolver.Current.GetUrl(currentPage.HeaderPageLink);

where the HeaderPageLink is a pagereference to a artist detail page instance. The url that is returned is /artists/a_e/eminem/

What am I doing wrong?

Nov 11, 2014 14:34
Vote:

I have the same problem, where GetPartialVirtualPath is never called.

I initialise the PartialRouter in an InitializableModule and then added it via RegisterPartialRouter(). I noticed that the number of Routes does not increase - so I am uncertain if this worked or if this is the right way to do this. 

Also the information about which is the correct way to get a URL from a ContentReference is very inconsistent - different blog posts give different methods that should be called - possibly in different use-cases, however many of these methods are now obsolete.

Nov 12, 2014 12:29
Vote:

I just tried on an alloy site (running CMS.Core.7.16)  with following router:

public class StandardPageRouter : IPartialRouter<PageData, StandardPage>
    {
        public PartialRouteData GetPartialVirtualPath(StandardPage content, string language, System.Web.Routing.RouteValueDictionary routeValues, System.Web.Routing.RequestContext requestContext)
        {
            return new PartialRouteData()
            {
                BasePathRoot = content.ContentLink,
                PartialVirtualPath = "partialrouted"
            };
        }

public object RoutePartial(PageData content, EPiServer.Web.Routing.Segments.SegmentContext segmentContext)
        {
            var next = segmentContext.GetNextValue(segmentContext.RemainingPath);
            if (next.Next == "partialrouted")
            {
                segmentContext.RemainingPath = next.Remaining;
            }
            return content;
        }
    }

registered in an initalization module as:

RouteTable.Routes.RegisterPartialRouter<PageData, StandardPage>(new StandardPageRouter());

and it generates outgoing links containing segment "partialrouted" for StandardPage instances as expected. And no there will not be any additional routes registered when a partial route is registered. A partial route extends existing routes containing the segment "{partial}".

Have you registered any other custom routes?? (except the partial ones)

Nov 13, 2014 17:55
Vote:

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. I've first tried it in the alloy sample site and indeed it works. then i've gone back to my own solution and I have narrowed it down to the following route:

RouteTable.Routes.MapEnterpriseRoutes(
"default",
"{language}/{node}/{action}/{page}",
new { action = "index", page = UrlParameter.Optional },
new MapContentRouteParameters { Direction = SupportedDirection.Incoming });

I believe a colleage has added this previously to make sure ajax requests were processed in the correct locale. The order of registering the routes doesn't seem to have effect. Am I correct in assuming that partialrouters are always executed after other routes?

For now I have disabled the above route and instead are setting the culture for the thread myself which seems to be working.

Edited, Nov 14, 2014 17:19
Vote:

Partial routing is added to a route through segment {partial} so to get pratial routing enabled for your registered route you should register it as:

RouteTable.Routes.MapEnterpriseRoutes(
"default",
"{language}/{node}/{partial}/{action}/{page}",
new { action = "index", page = UrlParameter.Optional },
new MapContentRouteParameters { Direction = SupportedDirection.Incoming });
Edited, Nov 14, 2014 22:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.