Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

set rights to multiple pages at one time

Vote:

will it be possible to set rights (view/edit/approval/publish/unpublish) for group of pages at one go.

I think it is possible to do at the page level, could it be possible to set rights for multiple pages at one go.

Could anyone please reply and provide the process to do multiple pages at one time?

Oct 22, 2014 10:23
Vote:

If you only have access to Edit mode, you can only set access rights for one page at a time (the one you're currently editing) via the "Visible to...(manage)" option.

If you have access to Admin mode, you can use the Set Access Rights option from the Admin tab to set rights for multiple pages in a hierarchical inheritance manner. (e.g. you can set rights for a top node and make the subpages inherit the same rights.)

Unfortunately there is no other way to bulk set access rights for a selected group of pages (or content types).

Oct 22, 2014 22:59
Vote:

(In my reply I assumed you meant setting access rights through the UI. As Mathias Kunto points out in your duplicate post in the EPiServer 7 forum, it can be done in code.)

Oct 22, 2014 23:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.