Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PlugInPropertyAttribute is sealed

Vote:

I'm looking at simplifying the EPiServer SDK and one of the areas is to create classes that extends PlugInPropertyAttribute.

My idea is to have something like

PageReferencePropertyAttribute : PlugInPropertyAttribute

{
public void PageReferencePropertyAttribute(string name, string description) : base(name, description) {
AdminControl = typeof(InputPageReference);
AdminControlValue = "PageLink";
}

public void PageReferencePropertyAttribute(string name, string description, string languagePath) : base(string name, string description, string languagePath) {
AdminControl = typeof(InputPageReference);
AdminControlValue = "PageLink";
}
}

But I noticed that PlugInPropertyAttribute is sealed.

Is there a reason for this? Could this be changed for a future 7.5 release?

Jan 13, 2014 13:58
Vote:

The general recomendation is that attributes should be sealed for performance, that the reason that it's sealed. In this case, I personally think that the way forward is to make the plug-in settings use the generic object editing system that is, for instance, used to edit content (pages, blocks etc.) since we want to reduce the amount of editing systems in EPiServer.

Jan 14, 2014 10:18
Vote:

Thanks for the reply.

We have a general approach to have system specific settings in GuiPlugIn settings that can be modified in the Tool settings instead of using a System Page/Block in the edit mode.

Being able to build the settings page in a modular way like this is really helpful!

Unfortunately this forum is not a good area to explain in detail, please contact if you want input on our approach.

Jan 14, 2014 15:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.