Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

File/media picker stopped working

Vote:

I have a site that has recently been upgraded to 7.5 and all of a sudden the "file/media picker" stopped working.

When trying to select a file for my Url-property its not marked green as usual(to indicate which file is choosen) and if i click ok the url-field is left blank. The same happends if i try to use the insert image button in the html-editor. We also used to be able to drag and drop a file from the media dialog but this also seems broken. I only get a link instead of a image tag.

I can see that the image gets selected. It gets a class called dijitTreeRowSelected but on mouseup it gets deselected again.

I have been trying to find a reason for this problem but i am running out of ideas. Anyone out there that has had any simular problems?

Jan 27, 2014 16:19
Vote:

Hi Andreas!

Is your content type for files inherriting from ImageData or implementing IContentImage? If not, that would at least explain the drag and drop issue.

Jan 28, 2014 7:23
Vote:

Yes, my class signature looks like:

[ContentType(GUID = "7B598308-DA7C-47AE-AB66-EF12EE745AD9")]
    [MediaDescriptor(ExtensionString = "jpg,jpeg,jpe,ico,gif,bmp,png")]
    public class ImageFile : GenericMedia, IContentImage

GenericMedia is a base class that inherits from MediaData.

I used to inherit directly from ImageData but since i wanted a base class with common properties i rearranged it this way. This was done 2-3 weeks ago and has been running fine until a couple of days ago also.

The media i tested with are of type ImageFile.

Edited, Jan 28, 2014 7:59
Vote:

It seems to work when i switch back to inheriting from ImageData... Just implementing IContentImage dosent seem to be enough.

Jan 28, 2014 11:15
Vote:

Hi!

I tried using the code you posted above inheriting from the GenericMedia class in the Alloy templates and it works as expexted, I can select files of this type in a file selector and drag and drop instances to the html editor. So right now, I'm not sure how to reproduce your issue.

Jan 28, 2014 15:51
Vote:

I will hava look if i can reproduce it in the Alloy project myself as soon as i get a few minutes to spare :)

Jan 29, 2014 15:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.