Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Authentication using Azure AD for back-end users and EPiServer AspNetIdentity for website users

Vote:

Hi,

We have a client who is currently using Azure AD OpenID Connect for their employees to access the back-end. They now want the customers browsing the site to be able to sign in as well, I thought it would as simple as configuring EPiServer AspNetIdentity, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As I was reading the documentation for Azure AD, it is mentioned that  the nuget package EPiServer.CMS.UI.AspNetIdentity and EPiServer.CMS need to be uninstalled. Otherwise, the user interface may not look for synchronized users when setting access rights. Below is the link to it:

Integrate Azure AD using OpenID Connect

And for AspNetIdentity I will need the EPiServer.CMS.UI.AspNetIdentity nuget package installed which is going against the Azure AD authentication mechanism. 

Any ideas or tips to get around this or an alternative approach is highly appreciated.

Regards

Siddharth

Edited, May 06, 2021 17:51
Vote:

Hi,

Is your client looking to also use Azure AD (i.e. B2C) for the customers or the standard Episerver based AspNetIdentity provider?

Andy

May 07, 2021 21:32
Siddharth Gupta - May 07, 2021 21:39
Hey Andrew,

So they want to use Azure AD for their employees so that they can sign into the site and make CMS edits and manage the site. And they want to use the AspNetIdentity provider for the customers.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.