Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

No confirmation email on form submission

Vote:

Hello all, 

I have created a form that is set up to send an email to a fixed email address and also to send a confirmation email to whoever submitted the form. The user's email address is an input field in the form itself. 

We are using SendGrid. I confirmed that the recipient receives the form submission email successfully. However, the submitter never gets a confirmation email even if it is set up within epi. 

Any ideas as to how I can get the submitter to receive a confirmation email as well? Anyone has the same issue? 

Note that I have tried ports 587 and 465 with same results. 

<configuration>

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp from="do-not-reply@org.placeholder.com">

<network host="smtp.sendgrid.net" password="[API key generated in management portal]" userName="[generated in management portal]" port="587" />

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

</configuration>

Feb 01, 2021 6:51
Vote:

Your settings look fine. If you have set the to and from appropriately in the Epi Form settings tab. Only thing I can think of is the emails going in spam probably. There is no reason for one email working and other one not.

Feb 02, 2021 0:16
Vote:

This may help: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/implementing-a-customized-actor/email-actor/

Feb 02, 2021 7:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.