Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Delete a type forcefully from Database

Vote:

So I have this weird issue.

I had a type created to handle SVG images which I later removed from code as it was not required. In the Admin I see that this type was showing up saying not available in code. When I tried to Delete that it says it has a reference to a SVG file which I cannot find anymore in my Media storage.

I am stuck with this type which I cannot delete. Not sure why but this is interfering with my content search API filter where I see an error saying invalid .NET class.

Any ideas on how to get this deleted from Database so it doesn't show up in Admin content types anymore

Mar 02, 2020 18:22
Vote:

Does it have information about the SVG file referenced? You can then use the API to delete that SVG file instead of manually, then try again 

Mar 03, 2020 7:10
Dileep D - Mar 03, 2020 19:57
Yes there is an SVG file reference but I cannot find the file anywhere in Media. Which API is this to delete the file ?
Vote:

If you have the contentlink of the file and you can just use IContentRepository to delete it

Mar 03, 2020 20:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.