Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<FOO>() returns null, crashing AlloyDemo

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm currently running through the CMS training content with AlloyDemo, and I'm currently getting a server error for this line:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

AdministratorRegistrationPage.cs

Line 57: var res = provider.GetAllUsers(0, 1, out totalUsers);

In addition, I'm getting a similar error for other classes when commenting out Administrator Registration. This happens whenever provider is null, given by the line:

var provider = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<UIUserProvider>();

Does anybody know why ServiceLocator would return null? This happened sort of out of the blue. Everything worked fine on February 6th.

Thank you!
Edited, Feb 08, 2020 18:35
TecroNet - Feb 08, 2020 18:41
Does anybody know why ServiceLocator would return null? This happened sort of out of the blue. Everything worked fine on February 6th.
Vote:

There is a line there that enables .net identity for Episerver. My best guess is that you accidentally removed that. That would cause an error like you described.

Feb 08, 2020 18:50
Vote:

Make sure that you still have AddCmsAspNetIdentity called in your code. This is where it registers UIUserProvider

As a side note, you should try to use constructor injection instead of ServiceLocator

Feb 10, 2020 8:12
valdis - Feb 10, 2020 15:18
+1 ;)
Alex - Feb 10, 2020 15:38
Thanks! I must have absentmindedly CTRL-X'ed the line, like Daniel mentioned as well.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.