Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom ContentProvider caching issue

Vote:

We have a custom ContentProvider that loads a document library from Sharepoint, but we have a problem with the caching - specifically of children. When caching is turned on, we see files and folders on the top level only. Clicking on a folder shows it as empty. 

Turning off the caching by overriding the method that takes children as a parameter results in all files and folders being shown for all levels. 

protected sealed override void SetCacheSettings(ContentReference contentReference,
    IEnumerable<GetChildrenReferenceResult> children, CacheSettings cacheSettings)
        {
            cacheSettings.CancelCaching = true;
            base.SetCacheSettings(contentReference, children, cacheSettings);
        }

We don't cache anything explicitly in the ContentProvider - as we understand, this should be automatically handled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Feb 29, 2020 9:47
Vote:

Haha, is this an intentional repost my uanswered question from 2019? Anyway, I could never get this to work properly, so I ended up handling all caching in the Sharepoint-service (that is responsible for making Graph queries) and loading the binaries on demand. 

Mar 06, 2020 20:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.