Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting default Personal Language for editors.

Vote:

For a solution we have developed for a customer, there is only one language in use (no). All the editors also only use Norwegian, but to do so, they have to set the preferred language in My Settings. This seems confusing and cumbersome, as new editors aren't experienced with Episerver. Is there a way to set default Personal Language for the editor, the first time they log in (or if they haven't already selected one)? Login is done with SSO, so the user is automatically synced, and not created in code. 
Because they have already created a significant number of content, I would prefer not to change master language.

Oct 28, 2020 5:07
Vote:

Hi John-Alex

Habe you tried specifying Norwegian as the default language in web.config (like <globalization uiCulture="xx">)?

It will not change the personal language of any user, but it will change the default language for everyone who has not set a personal language.

See this documentation page for details (under "Determining user interface language")

Oct 28, 2020 7:10
Vote:

Thank you, Stefan. That was just what I was looking for. It worked like a charm. 

Oct 29, 2020 20:26
Stefan Holm Olsen - Oct 29, 2020 20:37
Happy it worked out for you, John-Alex.
Vote:

BTW: How do I tag this question as Solved?

Oct 29, 2020 20:34
Stefan Holm Olsen - Oct 29, 2020 20:37
There will be a button at the top of each reply, saying "Accept this answer?".
Quan Mai - Nov 01, 2020 14:04
I took the liberty to do that for you
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.